Location: Literacy Action Office, Peachtree Center
Reports to: Program Manager, Admissions Coordinator, Administrative Officer, and Director of Development
Direct Reports: N/A
Hourly Wage: Paid internship
Apply At: https://literacyaction.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=26
The Office Intern will be responsible for assisting the staff with general office duties including, but not limited to, research, data entry, filing, and general coordination. This position provides customer service, information, referrals, and assistance to the public and other departments maintains various files and records and performs clerical tasks. Marketing activities as determined and directed by the Director of Development. Additionally, the Office Intern shall assist and work with the Program Manager and Admissions Coordinator.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in managing the flow of paperwork.
- Assist and facilitate staff as necessary - whenever and however needed
- Operates various office equipment, including copiers, postage meters, and computers; input and retrieve data and text; organize and files.
- Receives and organizes materials and supplies.
- Assist with business development matters, including marketing material preparation
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- High degree of organizational skill and problem-solving ability; specifically, the ability to work as self-starter - especially as it relates to calling on resources outside the organization.
- Resourcefulness in finding information and answers from within and outside the company without prompting or micromanagement; a self-starter.
- Respect for details; ability to execute accurately at a high level without excess supervision.
- Ability to prioritize/execute to achieve desired company and project goals with prudence and sense of urgency.
- Articulate communication skills – verbal, pictorial, and numerical.
- Excellent telephone etiquette, communication, and organizational skills, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Desire to learn and grow professionally grow.
- General computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project.
- Desire to invest your passion and commitment to a vision you feel you can embrace and contribute to the growth of the organization and its success.
- A willingness and flexibility to do “whatever it takes” for “whoever needs it” foster the growth and success of the business.
- Ability to embrace and live the Organization’s Core Integrity.
Experience and Training Guidelines
- One year of general clerical support experience. May require lifting up to 25 lbs.
- Equivalent to completion of the twelfth grade.